Wilkes Communications Scholarship Program
2022 applications are now being accepted!
Application deadline: April 12, 2022
About the Wilkes Communications Scholarship Program
Wilkes Communications is dedicated to adding value to the lives of our customers and the communities we serve. In 2008, Wilkes Communications established a scholarship program to support high school graduates throughout the service area. Each spring, the Scholarship Selection Committee thoroughly reviews applications and awards scholarships to commendable graduates to further their educational journey. Since the program began Wilkes Communications has proudly awarded more than $320,000 to over 330 deserving seniors.
To qualify a student must meet the following requirements:
- Parent/Guardian must be a Wilkes Communications, active account holder
- Graduating senior of the 2021-2022 school year
- Plan to attend a college or university during the fall 2022 academic year
- Must be in good standing with your high school
- Submit online application
Required Documentation from the student:
- Current Transcript
- A one-page essay describing why the scholarship is important to you, why attending college is important to you, what you plan to do in the next ten years
- Two letters of recommendation from community members (not associated with school or board of education)
- Counselor or teacher recommendation
- Online submission of application
The Scholarship disbursement will be paid directly to the college or university according to the institution’s payment policy, after Wilkes Communications receives a letter from the recipient confirming his/her enrollment. The scholarship must be utilized within one year.