Join us as we continue to grow and redefine Internet in rural communities.
At Wilkes Communications, you’ll find associates united by a single purpose: to provide excellence in customer service and add value to the lives of our customers and the communities we serve.
There is one part-time opening for a Warehouseman at the Wilkes location. The position will work approximately 20 – 25 hours per week.
The job description, including qualifications, is attached.
Anyone wishing to apply should e-mail your name and qualifications to:
CC copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Job posting closes on October 13, 2020.
|Warehouseman (Part-Time)||September 29, 2020|
|Accounting||REPORTS TO:||Accounting & Regulatory Manager|
|I. PURPOSE OF POSITION|
This is a Part-Time Non-bargaining Unit position with hours expectation of 20-25 hour per week. The position supports internal control on all materials in stock by assisting with conducting inventories, logging inventory, and assisting in preparing reports. The position involves ensuring that materials are properly received, moved, stocked, accounted for, and protected.
|II. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES|
- Verifies items received against original order.
- Receive items into the warehouse (electronically) in a timely manner.
- Transfer materials to other warehouses including authorized individuals who check out materials for use in the field.
- Assists in conducting inventories including cyclical inventories on small subsets of items.
- Test & refurbish used equipment, where possible, and returns to inventory for reuse.
- Assist with maintaining a clean, organized, and safe warehouse environment.
- Unload shipments arriving into the warehouse via freight carriers.
- Assist with maintaining MSDS.
- Deliver, unload, organize, and secure materials at remote locations.
|III. JOB KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE, AND TRAINING|
- GED or High School Diploma is required.
- Two-year degree preferred, or in progress.
- Willing to attend training, fork-lift certification classes, etc.
- Detail oriented and a team player – communication skills are a must.
- Ability to work independently.
- Adhere to all safety rules and guidelines while performing duties.
- Ability to prioritize work assignments yet multi-task when required.
- Ability to work in a technical environment, use of general computer skills.
- Use of computer, bar code scanner, office equipment, phone system.
- Fork-lift Operation (Training & Certification will be provided)
- Use of manual Pallet Jack/Truck.
- Must operate company vehicles; therefore, must have a valid driver’s license. (Personal driving insurability may affect employment.)
- Use of various tools and other work equipment as required.
|V. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS|
- Must be able to stand and walk approximately 50-75% of the workday.
- Must have the ability to plan work and work without direct supervision.
- Physically capable of performing heavy lifting, up to 50 pounds, is often required.
- Climbing, stooping and bending are required.
|VI. OTHER REQUIREMENTS|
- Follow company policies and procedures.
- Safety Practices must be understood and observed. Follow all OSHA Guidelines and/or directives of Safety Director.
- Employee must report any safety concerns.
- Keep company vehicles clean and neat.
- Other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
The work described includes the overall function of the job but is not considered a detailed description of each individual duty of the employee.
This organization reserves the right to revise or change job duties as the need arises. This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Wilkes Communications is committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, disability, age, marital status, familial status, genetic information membership or activity in local human rights commission, or status with regard to public assistance, or other status protected by local or national law. Wilkes Communications will not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment practices including, but not limited to, the following: hiring, upgrading, demotion, transfer, recruitment or recruitment advertising, selection, layoff, disciplinary action, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation, and selection for training, including apprenticeship. Wilkes Communications provides reasonable accommodation to applicants and employees with disabilities.